Water Harvesting & Capture Pump Systems
Rainwater systems come in all shapes and sizes, from simple catchment system under a downspout to large above and/or underground cisterns with complex filtration systems that can store thousands of gallons of water.
Most rainwater collection systems are comprised of the same basic components:
- Catchment surface – rooftop or other raised solid surface. The best catchment systems have hard, smooth surfaces such as metal roofs or concrete areas. The amount of water harvested depends on the quantity of rainfall, the size of the surface and the slope of the catchment area.
- Gutters and downspouts – also known as distribution systems. They channel water from the catchment area to a holding container such as a barrel, cistern or planted area.
- Leaf screens – a screen that removes or catches debris.
- Roof washers – a device that diverts the “first flush” of rain before it enters the storage tank. Most rainwater suppliers recommend that the “first flush” of water is diverted to an outside area of the storage system since the catchment surface may accumulate bird droppings, debris and other pollution.
- Storage tanks – In general, the storage tank is the most expensive component of a rainwater harvesting system. There are numerous types and styles of storage tanks available. Storage can be aboveground or underground. Storage containers can be made from galvanized steel, wood, concrete, clay, plastic, fiberglass, polyethylene, masonry and more. Storage tank prices vary based on variables such as size, material and complexity. To inhibit the growth of algae, storage tanks should be opaque and preferably placed away from direct sunlight. The tanks should also be placed close to the area of use and supply line to reduce the distance over which the water is delivered. Also consider placing the storage on an elevated area to take advantage of gravity flow. The tank should always be placed on a stable and level area to prevent it from leaning and possibly collapsing.
- Delivery systems – gravity-fed is the best system. A water harvesting system can never be cross-connected with a potable water system. If a pump is used, it could actually contaminate the water in the water supplier’s main line in the street and then contaminate the water in the community. This is why it is vital to never set up a system that could be cross-connected with domestic water.
The PPS Partner Experience
From initial design phase to installation, maintenance, and service—our engineers and technicians combine expertise with friendly service—ensuring that your pre-packaged pump station is designed, built, and performs to your exact needs and specifications.
Design Phase: Our experts work with you to design a system that best meets your requirements. Before building, we provide submittals containing complete information regarding the technical specs of all major system components, including pumps, valves, sensors, filters, and control panel components—as well as detailed CAD drawings and electrical schematics.
Manufacturing and Testing: Each pump station is manufactured in our UL certified manufacturing facility, then, they are rigorously tested according to site-specific conditions. This way, you’ll know that the station will arrive at the site ready to perform as required by your system.
System Start-up and Training: Our factory trained technicians know the pump station inside and out, and will provide comprehensive training to operators and/or owners. Each station also includes a comprehensive operations and maintenance manual providing essential information to extend the life of the system.
Service and Support: With 24/7 support, you get the peace of mind knowing that if your pump station faults, you can talk with a real factory trained technician with access to comprehensive information about your system. This information includes CAD drawings, component spec sheets, wiring schematics, and detailed photographs of your system.
General Station Features
- Marine Grade Aluminum Enclosures
- Prefabricated Fiberglass Buildings
- Steel Stud Buildings
- Concrete Buildings
- 3/8” thick, brake-press folded structural stainless steel.
- Provides support for the entire pump station.
- Efficiently sized to provide a compact dimensional footprint.
Corrosion Fighting Powder Coating:
- Heat fused, polyester TGIC powder coating—Combats corrosion and dramatically increases the life of the pump station.
- Piping is coated inside and out, as are the skids and manifolds.
- Potable and Non-Potable options: NSF rated potable systems.
- Custom colors available to meet specific requirements.
- 1 Year Warranty covering all service and replacement of all pump station components.
- Extended warranties are available.
Sensors, Switches and Gauges
Stainless Steel Pressure Gauges: Provide operators with real-time readings of both intake and discharge pressure.
Stainless Steel Pressure Transducers: Accurately detects system pressure and sends 4-20 mA analog signals to the PLC.
High Pressure Switches: A backup device that shuts the system down in a high pressure event.
Flow Meters: Both magnetic and ultrasonic style flow meters measure discharge flow and sends signals to the PLC, which records the flow data and can adjust the pumps according to flow thresholds.
What Our Customers Say ...
“ I can always tell how good a company is by asking them to do something they would not normally do ... and PPS has always done everything we have asked and expected ... its been a great relationship!"
"Thank you for developing a compact, cost effective, and innovative package pump station to meet the needs of the Eugene Water and Electric Board. The project site presented many challenges such as constraining property lines, steep topography, and high visibility; making a compact package pump station the most ideal solution. I have enjoyed working with the PPS staff and look forward to our next project."
Eugene Water & Electric Board
"The City of Twin Falls needed a way to plan for the future, and PPS really delivered by innovating the regional and expandable pump station design."
PPS Sales & Support
"The actuated valve control that allows us to direct the water to where we need it to go – from our cell phones – has saved us an incredible amount of time and travel. That was a very pleasant surprise that PPS added to their PLC Program”
"Thank you with your assistance in getting replacement Amiad filters for our pump station ... the entire process was very easy as PPS handled all the details. Within a short period of time the items were replaced with no down time to our system. Thank you again PPS for outstanding customer service."
"PPS is staffed by some of the best and brightest in the industry. With their ability to custom build and install options using the latest technology for communication to remote computers, PPs is at the top of the industry."
Crane Creek CC
USA Pride in Craftsmanship
Innovative Smart Controls
Pre-Tested & Ready to Install
Built To Last A Lifetime
The true measure of quality at PPS is customer satisfaction. This is the key to our success for years to come. Our quality management system provides a solid foundation to do the best job, the first time, every time.