PPS COVID Preparedness and Response Plan
There is considerable risk of spreading COVID-19 when groups of people gather in any setting. At PPS, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. This PPS preparedness plan has been developed and implemented to ensure the safest work environment possible during the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect workers, staff, patrons, and vendors.
Advanced PPS Facility Upgrades For Risk Prevention:
- Wall-mounted temperature scanners are available at all main entry doors.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers are available at all main entry doors.
- Protective masks are readily available to employees and visitors at all main entry doors.
- UV-C air purification systems have been added throughout the facilities.
Safety During the Holidays:
The safest way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year is to celebrate with people in your household. If you do plan to spend Thanksgiving with people outside your household, take these steps to make your celebration a safe one:
- Wear a mask
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Wash your hands
Safety When Attending Holiday Gatherings:
- Bring your own food, drinks, plates, cups, and utensils.
- Wear a mask, and safely store your mask while eating and drinking.
- Avoid going in and out of the areas where food is being prepared or handled, such as in the kitchen.
- Use single-use options, like salad dressing and condiment packets, and disposable items like food containers, plates, and utensils.
Steps to Prevent and Reduce Employee to Employee Transmission:
- When appropriate, at-risk employees may work from home.
- Each employee must check their temperature prior to beginning their shift. Wall-mounted temperature scanners are available at all main entry doors.
- Employees or visitors with temperatures over 100.4 F must leave the building.
- Employees with COVID symptoms must stay home until they meet CDC or State Health Department guidelines for returning to work.
- Employees with a known exposure to COVID must stay home from work until they have a negative COVID test or until they are past 10 days’ time after their last known exposure.
- Employees must wash hands after bathroom use and use hand sanitizer before entering the bathroom and whenever they move into a new workspace.
- Avoid using other employee’s phones, desks, or tools. If it is necessary to use another employee’s items, first use hand sanitizer.
- Employees must always keep a mask with them, and the mask must be worn when they are near other employees. Masks are required:
- When moving around or working in office areas occupied by other people
- When working next to other employees in the production area
- When entering the Design Bullpen
- When entering the Engineering Lab
- During all meetings
- Masks are not required when:
- At your desk or personal workspace including production workspaces
- When eating or drinking
- When you are able to maintain 6’ or more physical distance from other employees
- When outside
- Meetings in the conference room must be limited to no more than 12 people with masks required and window and door open to maximize air movement.
Avoid Exposure from Outside Sources
- Signs shall be posted on entry-way doors that masks are required to enter the building.
- Vendors or other guests are required to scan their temperature before entering the building.
- To avoid exposure, employees should avoid attending group functions outside their normal social or family circle.
- Common areas such as bathroom and kitchen must be cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis.
- If an employee is suspected or confirmed to have a COVID infection their workspace must be cleaned and disinfected prior to use by others.
- Where possible and practical, additional air filtration and sanitization systems will be added to help clean the air in the buildings.
Together, we can make the Holidays safer for everyone!
USA Pride in Craftsmanship
Innovative Smart Controls
Pre-Tested & Ready to Install
Built To Last A Lifetime