Custom Engineered Booster Pump Stations
Our custom booster pump stations add pressure to systems needing an extra push, such as when there isn’t enough main-line pressure, or when pipelines travel long distances or up elevations. With hydraulic performances ranging from 5 – 10,000+ GPM, and pressure boosts from 20 – 150+ PSI, we design and build booster pump stations in a wide range of configurations.
All our custom booster pump stations are designed, engineered and built according to the precise specifications of our customers. They include UL listed control panels and stations and they arrive pre-tested, certified and ready to install – decreasing your project lead times and increasing your system uptime.
Irrigation, Municipal, Commercial, Potable or Non-Potable
General Pump Station Features
- Type: End-Suction Centrifugal, Vertical Multi-Stage and Split Case
- Pump Quantity: Single to Multiple Pumps
- Impeller Quantity: Single or Multi-stage
- Eliminates the need to build a costly pump house.
- Removable bolt-down and single or double roll-off lid provides easy service access.
- 5052 H-32 Marine grade aluminum resists corrosion.
- Locking doors prevent vandalism and intrusion.
- Ventilation fans regulate temperature.
- 3/8” thick, brake-press folded structural stainless steel.
- Provides support for the entire pump station.
- Efficiently sized to provide a compact dimensional footprint.
Corrosion Fighting Powder Coating:
- Heat fused, polyester TGIC powder coating—Combats corrosion and dramatically increases the life of the pump station.
- Piping is coated inside and out, as are the skids and manifolds.
- Potable and Non-Potable options: NSF rated potable systems.
- Custom colors available to meet specific requirements.
- 1 Year Warranty covering all service and replacement of all pump station components.
- Extended warranties are available.
5 – 10,000+ GPM and more
150 psi and more
Single Phase, 3 phase
208, 230, 480 (Other voltages can be configured)
Butterfly Isolation Valves: Reduce station downtime by making it easy to quickly isolate pumps and other station components for service and maintenance.
Silent Check Valves: Prevent water from flowing backwards through the system, silently and with minimal pressure drop.
Air Relief Valves: Prevent entrained air from throttling system flow, continuously acting to release air from high points in the system.
High Pressure Relief Valves (Optional): Protect the system from pressure surges. Available to be electrically operated and controlled from the PLC.
Monitoring & Control
UL Listed Control Panel:
- Designed and built according to Industry Best Practices: Custom control panels designed and manufactured in a UL 508A listed facility.
- Open Source Control: Comprehensive electrical and control schematics are included with each control panel, making them serviceable by non-proprietary service technicians.
Energy Saving Variable Frequency Drives:
- VFDs increase the efficiency of submersible turbine pump stations by adjusting the pump operations to fit fluctuating demands.
- VFDs ensure that the system maintains constant pressure even as demand fluctuates.
Programmable Logic Controllers:
- Intelligent Controls and Monitoring: PLCs can provide comprehensive monitoring and control of the system, including monitoring total flow, intake and discharge pressure, and motor frequency and performance.
- Motor Alternation: With multiple pump configurations, the PLC will alternate the lead and lag pumps for better wearing of the motors, extending the life of the motor.
- System Protection: from electrical faults, pressure faults, flow faults, and temperature faults.
- Remote Monitoring: When equipped with remote SCADA tools, it is possible to monitor and control pump stations from anywhere an internet connection exists.
- Multiple I/Os: Can incorporate multiple inputs and outputs from a range of sources, including pressure transducers, flow meters, and electronically controlled valves.
Easy to Use Human Machine Interface:
- Touchscreen interface makes controlling and monitoring the system intuitive and straightforward.
System Diagnostic Utilities:
- Enable operators to view, diagnose, and troubleshoot system faults.
Sensors, Switches and Gauges:
- Stainless Steel Pressure Gauges: Provide operators with real-time readings of both intake and discharge pressure.
- Stainless Steel Pressure Transducers: Accurately detects system pressure and sends 4-20 mA analog signals to the PLC.
- High Pressure Switches: A backup device that shuts the system down in a high pressure event.
- Flow Meters: Both magnetic and paddle-wheel style flow meters measure discharge flow and sends signals to the PLC, which records the flow data and can adjust the pumps according to flow thresholds.
Request A Quote
Pump Station Configurator
Why Partner With PPS? ... We're With You Every Step of the Way
Why partner with PPS? Because the true measure of quality at Precision Pumping systems is customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction, driven by the quality of our products and service, is the key to our success now - and it will be for the life of our organization. Our established quality management system is the foundation behind our guarantee to do the best job, the first time, every time.
This PPS promise is not just in writing, we're proud to narrate it in the audio track below.
What Our Customers Say ...
“ I can always tell how good a company is by asking them to do something they would not normally do ... and PPS has always done everything we have asked and expected ... its been a great relationship!"
"Thank you for developing a compact, cost effective, and innovative package pump station to meet the needs of the Eugene Water and Electric Board. The project site presented many challenges such as constraining property lines, steep topography, and high visibility; making a compact package pump station the most ideal solution. I have enjoyed working with the PPS staff and look forward to our next project."
Eugene Water & Electric Board
"The City of Twin Falls needed a way to plan for the future, and PPS really delivered by innovating the regional and expandable pump station design."
PPS Sales & Support
"The actuated valve control that allows us to direct the water to where we need it to go – from our cell phones – has saved us an incredible amount of time and travel. That was a very pleasant surprise that PPS added to their PLC Program”
"Thank you with your assistance in getting replacement Amiad filters for our pump station ... the entire process was very easy as PPS handled all the details. Within a short period of time the items were replaced with no down time to our system. Thank you again PPS for outstanding customer service."
"PPS is staffed by some of the best and brightest in the industry. With their ability to custom build and install options using the latest technology for communication to remote computers, PPs is at the top of the industry."
Crane Creek CC
How Custom Booster Pumps Work
Booster pumps are used in several commercial and residential applications by systems that require more the normal available pressure. Booster pumps are most commonly used to increase the pressure PSI within fluid flowing systems such as in water management and potable water systems. These pumps can also be used to move the water more efficiently to higher levels like in tall buildings and in high positioned water storage tanks. The main purpose of booster pumps is to normalize the water pressure in the areas with unpredictable flows. It is mainly installed between the water supply pipes and the main delivery system. There are single and multi-stage booster pumps. A multi-stage booster pump typically uses centrifugal force to increase the water flow and pressure.
USA Pride in Craftsmanship
Innovative Smart Controls
Pre-Tested & Ready to Install
Built To Last A Lifetime