Potable Centrifugal Booster Station
This pump system, located in Eugene, Oregon, is a dynamic potable booster system delivering 25 GPM to for domestic use and up to 750 GPM for high flows. We were challenged by the customer to engineer a low-cost, low-profile automated booster pump station. We were responsible for the complete vertical design and development of this pump system to meet the exact specifications required for the application – including the custom fabricated building which encloses and protects the pump system.
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Flow Rate: 25 – 750 GPM
Boost Pressure: 51 PSI
Discharge Pressure: 77 PSI
Pumps: Two 40 HP End-Suction Centrifugal and Two 2 HP Vertical Multi-Stage
Customer Challenge: To design a low-cost, low-profile automated booster pump station to their exact specifications and purpose.
Project Features & Benefits:
- Includes two vertical multi-stage domestic pumps and two end-suction centrifugal high flow pumps.
- System designed to provide the entire flow range with any pump out of service.
- Each pump is driven by a Premium Efficient TEFC motors and controlled by low harmonics variable frequency drives.
- Pressure Relief Valve with relief alarm signaling limit switch
- Chlorine Analyzer
- ABB Flow Meter. Dual Electromagnetic Flow meters to ensure highly accurate flow readings throughout the broad flow range.
- Yokogawa Pressure Transmitter with
- Measuring accuracy of ± 0.055% of calibrated span.
- 316SS Wetted parts
Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) building:
- 100 PSF Roof Design Load Rating
- 160 MPH Wind Load Rating
- Exceeds NEMA S standards.
- Intrusion alarm, rubber floor safety matting, ambient temperature sensor, LED lights
- Durafiber Building
- Double, Lockable Doors
- Exterior/Interior Lighting
- Electric Heater w/ Thermostat
Preview This Projects Photo Gallery:
What Our Customers Say ...
“ I can always tell how good a company is by asking them to do something they would not normally do ... and PPS has always done everything we have asked and expected ... its been a great relationship!"
"Thank you for developing a compact, cost effective, and innovative package pump station to meet the needs of the Eugene Water and Electric Board. The project site presented many challenges such as constraining property lines, steep topography, and high visibility; making a compact package pump station the most ideal solution. I have enjoyed working with the PPS staff and look forward to our next project."
Eugene Water & Electric Board
"The City of Twin Falls needed a way to plan for the future, and PPS really delivered by innovating the regional and expandable pump station design."
PPS Sales & Support
"The actuated valve control that allows us to direct the water to where we need it to go – from our cell phones – has saved us an incredible amount of time and travel. That was a very pleasant surprise that PPS added to their PLC Program”
"Thank you with your assistance in getting replacement Amiad filters for our pump station ... the entire process was very easy as PPS handled all the details. Within a short period of time the items were replaced with no down time to our system. Thank you again PPS for outstanding customer service."
"PPS is staffed by some of the best and brightest in the industry. With their ability to custom build and install options using the latest technology for communication to remote computers, PPs is at the top of the industry."
Crane Creek CC
USA Pride in Craftsmanship
Innovative Smart Controls
Pre-Tested & Ready to Install
Built To Last A Lifetime