Valley Club Golf Course Irrigation Pump Project
The Valley Club, located in Hailey, Idaho, is set in a location so beautiful and breathtaking that its members come from all over the world to enjoy its ambiance and traditions. Long-time superintendent and head of agronomy at Valley Club, Jerry Flaherty, contacted PPS requesting a proposal to replace his more than 20-year-old Flowtronex pump station with a new and improved, higher capacity system.
Location: Valley Club Golf Course – Hailey, Idaho
Flow Rate: N/A
Boost Pressure: N/A
Customer Challenge: PPS had successfully replaced the original worn out backflushing filters on the station with more efficient suction scanning Amaid filters. Subsequently, PPS was asked to bid on this full pump station replacement project.
- We had to remove the existing pump station from the semi-buried enclosure building using only a service hatch located on the roof.
- We had to incorporate the previously installed Amiad filter upgrades purchased just 5 years before into the new system.
- We also had to increase the size, capacity and overall efficiency of the previous system and filtration.
- We designed and engineered the new system in 3 separate parts enabling it to fit through the service hatch on top of the existing building for installation.
- The new system was also designed to connect to the existing power service, discharge piping, and flush line of the previous system.
- The new system had to be designed and manufactured to maintain the necessary electrical clearance and service space for all the equipment inside the existing building.
Additional Information: Utilizing our advanced 3-D modeling capabilities and our years of experience installing modular packaged pumping systems nationwide, we produced a 3 piece skid that met all of their on site requirements.
The project timeline from concept, design removal and installation was all completed in just 6 weeks! It fit the space perfectly as intended, functioned exactly as expected and was delivered on time and on budget.
This pump station was placed inside an existing enclosure building.
A Birds Eye View Of This Project:
For more information on this or any other PPS prepackaged pump station product, contact our sales team at (208)323-5300 for immediate attention.
What Our Customers Say ...
“ I can always tell how good a company is by asking them to do something they would not normally do ... and PPS has always done everything we have asked and expected ... its been a great relationship!"
"Thank you for developing a compact, cost effective, and innovative package pump station to meet the needs of the Eugene Water and Electric Board. The project site presented many challenges such as constraining property lines, steep topography, and high visibility; making a compact package pump station the most ideal solution. I have enjoyed working with the PPS staff and look forward to our next project."
Eugene Water & Electric Board
"The City of Twin Falls needed a way to plan for the future, and PPS really delivered by innovating the regional and expandable pump station design."
PPS Sales & Support
"The actuated valve control that allows us to direct the water to where we need it to go – from our cell phones – has saved us an incredible amount of time and travel. That was a very pleasant surprise that PPS added to their PLC Program”
"Thank you with your assistance in getting replacement Amiad filters for our pump station ... the entire process was very easy as PPS handled all the details. Within a short period of time the items were replaced with no down time to our system. Thank you again PPS for outstanding customer service."
"PPS is staffed by some of the best and brightest in the industry. With their ability to custom build and install options using the latest technology for communication to remote computers, PPs is at the top of the industry."
Crane Creek CC
USA Pride in Craftsmanship
Innovative Smart Controls
Pre-Tested & Ready to Install
Built To Last A Lifetime